First quarter. Waxing crescent. New moon. Waning crescent. Last quarter. Waning gibbous. Full moon. Waxing gibbous.
This 9 block set shows each of the 8 moon phases. Two debossed sides feature a moon phase and its cycle location. Four printed sides reveal moon rise & set times, tidal effects, a phase illustration, and the moon's location in relation to the sun. This set also includes one bonus block devoted to the lunar eclipse.
Visualize moon cycles in a multidimensional manner. Will you stack and sort these blocks in their monthly order? Or use them to chart the tides? How else might Uncle Goose moon phase blocks inspire you to look at the sky and dream?
- 9 blocks - 1.75 inch cubes
- Printed with non-toxic, mouth safe inks. Untreated. No varnish, no polish, no sheen, no gloss.
- Made using sustainable Midwestern basswood. These fast growing trees are a renewable resource that are often harvested along with other trees like maple and oak -- without being as dense or heavy for small hands.
- Third-party tested and above and beyond the CPSIA (Consumer Protection Safety Improvement Act) requirements
- 100% made in the USA
- Ages 2+ ( Blocks make great baby gifts. They look terrific as on-the-shelf decorations in baby’s nursery. Just be sure they are not introduced to baby until two years as these are not intended to be teething toys)
These blocks have a simple origin story -- with a surprising twist. In 1983, William Bultman felt shocked and dismayed when he learned no one in the USA seemed to be making wood blocks for children anymore. He began hand-manufacturing classic wood alphabet blocks in Grand Rapids, Michigan. He called his company "Uncle Goose". Today, Bultman's son Pete runs the company his father started.