Wooden Blocks, Classic ABC Blocks
Teach children to spell, sequence, and stack; sort, build, and match. Four full alphabets, colorful numbers, math symbols, plus a menagerie of hand-crafted animals. Detailed embossing on two sides of each block. Uncle Goose Classic ABC blocks are still hand-manufactured in Grand Rapids, Michigan. And to this day, these blocks are the only Classic ABC blocks that are still 100% hand-made in the USA.
- 28 blocks - 1.75 inch cubes
- Printed with non-toxic, mouth safe inks. Untreated. No varnish, no polish, no sheen, no gloss.
- Made using sustainable Midwestern basswood. These fast growing trees are a renewable resource that are often harvested along with other trees like maple and oak -- without being as dense or heavy for small hands.
- Third-party tested and above and beyond the CPSIA (Consumer Protection Safety Improvement Act) requirements
- 100% made in the USA
- Ages 2+ ( Blocks make great baby gifts. They look terrific as on-the-shelf decorations in baby’s nursery. Just be sure they are not introduced to baby until two years as these are not intended to be teething toys)
These blocks have a simple origin story -- with a surprising twist. In 1983, William Bultman felt shocked and dismayed when he learned no one in the USA seemed to be making wood blocks for children anymore. He began hand-manufacturing classic wood alphabet blocks in Grand Rapids, Michigan. He called his company "Uncle Goose". Today, Bultman's son Pete runs the company his father started.