Rip Proof. Chew Proof. 100% Washable.̴Ì_
Indestructibles̴Ì_are books built for the way babies ‰ۡÌÝ̏read‰ۡó�: with their hands and mouths. Chew-proof, rip-proof, and drool-proof, they‰ۡó»re printed on a unique 100% nontoxic, paperlike material that holds up to anything babies can throw at it‰ۡÌÝÌÒgumming, spilling, dragging across the floor.̴Ì_Indestructibles̴Ì_are the little books that could. And if they get dirty, just wash them off. Beloved by babies and their parents,̴Ì_Indestructibles̴Ì_were invented by Amy Pixton, a mother of triplets, after bits of traditional board books found their way into her babies' mouths.
Indestructibles have something unique to offer babies at all their developmental stages between 0 and 2, whether it is a tactile experience, a visual experience, a picture-identifying experience, or a storytelling experience. Because they have few words, your conversation can change as your baby develops, understands, and interacts with you more and more. Here are some examples of ways a baby might use an Indestructible at different developmental stages (these are just examples. All babies differ, of course):
- 0 months: Baby enjoys hearing your voice and seeing you turn colorful pages.
- 4 months: Baby reaches out and touches the book with her own hands.
- 6 months: Baby chews and explores the books with his own mouth.
- 9 months: Baby starts learning to turn pages by herself.
- 12 months: Baby starts to identify the objects in the pictures and soon says their names.
- 18 months: Baby talks about what a character is doing in the picture.
- 2 years: Baby and parent or caregiver tell stories about what might be happening in the book.