How Many Cloth Diapers Do I Need?
Quantity of cloth diapers required depends on baby’s age and how often you launder.
Estimate replacing or adding a few diapers throughout your baby’s diapering years. General use and care, laundering methods, water hardness, detergent etc., all impact the lifespan of cloth diapers. These amounts are estimates based on average usage.
How Much Do Cloth Diapers Cost?
Cloth diapers can cost as little as $300 for a basic stash, up to $1000 for a luxury stash. Price can vary depending on brand, style, and personal preference. Below are estimated costs for getting started.
Cloth Diaper Sizing
- There are two types of Cloth diaper sizes. Weight range sizes (NB, S, M, L, XL) or "one-size" which allows adjustability from S to L.
- "One-Size" diapers (covers, pockets, all-in-ones) allow parents to adjust size as baby grows. These diapers may not fit for VERY small or large babies.
Tips on planning for your cloth diaper stash
- Cloth diapers are designed in various styles by several different brand manufacturers. Each brand and style may have a slightly different fit and may offer various features.
- As your baby grows, you may find some brands and styles work best for night, day, or other reasons.
- All parents and care-givers have their own preferences. Make sure to have some easy-to-use styles available for novice diaper changers.