(done) COPY - Getting Started
How Many Cloth Diapers Do I Need?
Quantity of cloth diapers required depends on baby’s age and how often you launder.
Estimate replacing or adding a few diapers throughout your baby’s diapering years. General use and care, laundering methods, water hardness, detergent etc., all impact the lifespan of cloth diapers. These amounts are estimates based on average usage.
How Much Do Cloth Diapers Cost?
Cloth diapers can cost as little as $300 for a basic stash, up to $1000 for a luxury stash. Price can vary depending on brand, style, and personal preference. Below are estimated costs for getting started.
Cloth Diaper Sizing
- Cloth diapers have two different sizing scales. Weight range sizes (NB, S, M, L, XL) or "one-size" (OS) which allows adjustability from S to L.
- "One-size" diapers (covers, pockets, all-in-ones) allow caregivers to adjust the size as baby grows. These diapers may not fit for VERY small or large babies. It is typically recommended that newborns wear newborn or size S diapers until they are at least 10-12 pounds.
Tips on planning for your cloth diaper stash
- Cloth diapers are designed in various styles by several different brand manufacturers. Each brand and style may have a slightly different fit and may offer varying features.
- As your baby grows, you may find some brands and styles work best for night, day, or in particular situations.
- All parents and caregivers have their own preferences. Make sure to have some easy-to-use styles available for novice diaper changers.