(done)COPY - Essential Accessories
Inserts & Extra Absorbency
- Most diapers, whether they're one piece or two pieces, will require extra absorbency added in for nighttime or as babies get older.
- Absorbency can be customized with inserts! Additional absorbent fabric inserts are put either inside or on top of the diaper when needed. They can be combined or folded to create the perfect absorbency for your baby.
- Different fabrics perform with different benefits. We carry all types, such as Hemp, Microfiber, Minky, Cotton, Bamboo, and more.
- Flushable diaper liners help ease the messiness of dirty diapers. Simply remove and flush!
- Stay-dry liners are great additions for any diaper to help protect baby’s skin when frequent changes may not be possible, if baby's skin prefers to be dry, or if baby has a current rash. The wicking properties of fleece help heal diaper rash by keeping the area dry.
- Silk liners add soothing benefits for sensitive skin. Bonus: They're also anti-bacterial!
Wet Bags & Wet/Dry Bags
- These waterproof bags are designed for storing your dirty diapers when you are on-the-go.
- They are also handy for storing dry wipes, spray or a change of clothes.
- Wet bags help keep odors contained, your diaper bag dry, and can be washed with your diaper load.
- After the diaper stage, bags are great for potty learning, swimwear, travel and more.
Detergents & Treatments
We carry a variety of eco-friendly detergents that can be used to clean your diapers and the other fabrics in your home. When researching cloth diaper-friendly detergents:
- Look for detergents that are free of softeners, and to avoid aggravating sensitive skin consider perfume and/or dye free detergents.
- Keep in mind that fewer additives mean less residual chemicals in the diapers.
- Understand that bleach will weaken the overall fabric, and fabric softeners leave a coating on the diapers, limiting absorbency.
- Special treatments are also recommended periodically to "strip" diapers of the mineral buildup left behind when washing in hard water, which can lead to rashes, unpleasant odors, and can inhibit absorbency.