The Snappi fastener is manufactured from FDA approved raw materials, a polyester based polyurethane which is degradable on aging through hydrolysis and/or microbiological attack. It contains no latex or any other adulterant, dilutent or modifying polymers. The composition is 100% polyurethane. It is made in South Africa.
Why Use A Snappi?
Create a Snug Fitting Diaper without pins!
- No Latex
- No Silicone
- CPSIA Compliant
- Safer Than Pins - no more pinpricks for baby or parent!!
- Reliable - creates a snug fitting diaper to prevent those dreaded leaks
- Economical - allows for a less expensive cloth diapering system with regular prefold/flat diapers
- Simple - only one item needed to fasten a diaper, which can be done with one hand
- Easy To Use - allows first time parents, grandparents and people with arthritic problems to cloth diaper with ease.
When the Snappi fastener is not in use, fold the loop over the back of the Snappi end to fit over the teeth of the white grips ̢‰âÛÏ see photo above. This acts as a barrier and prevents the sharp teeth from being exposed.
How To Use:
Stretch the Snappi fastener before its first use. The stretching triggers the "memory" of the Snappi to return to its original size, and in doing so, will pull the diaper to the middle to allow for a snug fit. It also makes it more pliable/elastic and therefore easier to use. This is essential for the Snappi to work properly.
Stretch the Snappi by holding it in the center with one hand and with your other hand, grab close to the end of one of the arms, avoiding the sharp teeth, and pull. Do not grab the Snappi by the loops. Repeat this about 10 times for each arm. You will notice the material begin to soften up and become more elastic. Once you do this for each arm your Snappi Diaper Fastener is ready for use!
Holding the diaper in place with one hand, attach the Snappi with the other hand in 3 simple easy steps:
- Hook Left
- Hook Right
- Hook Center
In other words, the Snappi fastener should go from a T shape to a Y shape. When attaching the Snappi, hold onto the solid part of the tab. DO NOT pull on the loops.
Make sure that the Snappi teeth have gripped properly into the diaper fabric and that it is attached securely with all 3 arms. The 3 points of tension are important as it is the third arm that will help prevent the Snappi from coming undone.
By following these instructions, the Snappi should be secure and the diaper will fit snugly. It is essential to use a cover over the diaper and Snappi fastener.
Snappis work best with terry cloth diapers, prefolds, and any other cloth diapers with a loose enough weave for the Snappi to hook into.
1. A Snappi is not a toy. Keep out of children's reach when not in use!
2. Replace your Snappi if there is any physical damage or weak spots.
3. Do not use a Snappi on a child who is able to undo it or remove their diaper/diaper cover/clothing.
4. Snappis should only be fastened by an adult.
5. Use a cover over a Snappi fastener.
6. Do not leave your Snappi in the sun for extended periods as this can eventually weaken the Snappi.
Care: Clean your Snappi in hot soapy water. Do not launder with diapers in the washer as the grips could damage your diapers.