What can you do when faced with the daily grind of prejudice, ignorance, and enslavement? The women on these blocks persevered. They dared. And in their daring, they made advancement possible for women of the future.
This 32 block hand crafted set features the faces of women who made a significant impact in the world. One embossed side per block reveals the woman's name. Two sides feature a quote and a description of each woman's worldly contribution. The puzzle spells out "Deeds Not Words" in purple and green, the colors of the suffragette movement. Store the blocks in a handsome wood tray. We printed a quote by Amelia Earhart in the interior of the tray. Let these blocks inspire you to greatness.
- 28 blocks - 1.75 inch cubes
- Printed with non-toxic, mouth safe inks. Untreated. No varnish, no polish, no sheen, no gloss.
- Made using sustainable Midwestern basswood. These fast growing trees are a renewable resource that are often harvested along with other trees like maple and oak -- without being as dense or heavy for small hands.
- Third-party tested and above and beyond the CPSIA (Consumer Protection Safety Improvement Act) requirements
- 100% made in the USA
- Ages 2+ ( Blocks make great baby gifts. They look terrific as on-the-shelf decorations in baby’s nursery. Just be sure they are not introduced to baby until two years as these are not intended to be teething toys)
These blocks have a simple origin story -- with a surprising twist. In 1983, William Bultman felt shocked and dismayed when he learned no one in the USA seemed to be making wood blocks for children anymore. He began hand-manufacturing classic wood alphabet blocks in Grand Rapids, Michigan. He called his company "Uncle Goose". Today, Bultman's son Pete runs the company his father started.